Extending radiator pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got radiator feeds that I need to extend as currently they are in the way of skirting board that is being fitted tomorrow. I thought it'd be an easy job but it's proving to be troublesome!

I think it's down to the fact that the pipes (ground floor) still have water in them and I've tried to drain them out but can't get them to stop "steaming" when I try to unsolder the joints.

Basically I want to unsolder the 90 degree elbow and replace it with a straight section and then put a new 90 degree elbow on further up.

I hope these pictures help....

ifmk90.jpg

zo6udl.jpg

Any tips/tricks as I can't even get a pipe slice in the gap as it's very close to the wall.

Sponsored Links
I would use one of two techniques!

One would be to apply pressurised air to "blow" the water back.

Other would be to use 10 mm rubber tube threaded into the pipe to suck out the water.

Tony

Really? Just keep sucking and sucking until it's all out? Or like you say.... blow it back?

Will this be causing me the problem in not being able to heat up the joint hot enough to remove the existing fitting do you reckon?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back