Extending system to cover conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently my house is protected by an accord alarm system
Front door zone1
Protected by magnetic contact, set as final exit/ entry and keypad to set/ unset system few meters inside door
Living room zone 2 pir pet sensor
Dining room zone 3 pir pet sensor
Upper hallway zone 4 pir pet sensor
Zone 3 pir faces patio doors which have magnetic contact and is also final exit and entry and has secondary keypad.
This was fine till conservatory added few years ago, and needs added to system.
Would like to keep zone 5 magnetic contact on patio doors and add a new magnetic contact on conservatory doors and make these final exit and entry, and also add DT7450UK conservatory PIR, to protect the conservatory.
Question is, what is best way to cover this,
I.e. Just by new PIR and no contact on door, and how would I be able to enter thru conservatory, without PIR setting system off straight away.
Or by moving zone 5 magnetic contact to conservatory doors as final exit and entry, and creating a zone 6 for patio door contact, bit what would be best way to programme that contact,
Any help or advice please would be great

Sponsored Links
Seems a strange way to want to enter the house, not got kitchen/back door?

Well when entering thru rear patio doors this took you into kitchen/dining room, that was till we added a conservatory onto rear of house, now we have to open conservatory doors which have no sensor on them or PIR covering conservatory, to unlock the patio doors which are alarmed and enter dining rotor which is covered with a PIR.
entering thru rear is easier with shopping

Sponsored Links
I don't know enough about your panel, so I can't offer help on programming...

You have a couple of options:

1) Move the patio door contact to the conservatory and this will become your new entry/exit - the patio door is now just like the other internal doors (but with a much better lock! ;) ).

2) Add a new contact, wire it to a new zone and program it for e/e

3) One of the above plus a movement detector of some sort to cover the conservatory, which must be programmed as an entry route. Do you have stuff worth nicking in the conservatory or would an intruder go straight past the plants and cane furniture and into the house?

4) 1 or 2 above plus an acoustic break glass detector and/or vibration sensors. These could be programmed as normal alarm zones as you wouldn't trigger them on the way in.

Remember that consevatories can get v. hot when the sun shines and, if you're not leaving the patio door open, you could render a PIR useless. If you leave a fan light or roof light open, a bumble bee could get in and trigger a PIR or dual tech twenty times a minute!! (Been there, seen that...)

Cheers eighty two, am tending to agree with you, PIR probably not best option, as conservatory gets really hot, so maybe best just fitting a magnetic door contact, there is a 42" plasma in there, so fitting a new door contact would be easy option, and make that the Entry and exit, but could i keep the magnetic contact on the patio doors, still set as entry and exit, as soon as you enter those doors, you get hit with the dining room PIR

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back