Extension Build, new wet room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Building is starting on my 1st floor extension very soon and as part of the extension I am having a wetroom added to my new ground floor bathroom (old kitchen). Since the wet room area will be a new build, new walls, floor, etc, I am assuming that the wet room floor can be concreted to allow for drainage slope (1:100) at build time. Giving me a nice flush drained floor? My builder assures me he will have all the drainage sorted so I'm assuming no shower tray is needed and I can just tile over the concrete floor with the gradient?

Does this sound right or am I missing something?

Ta

Sponsored Links
They should form the slope with the screed, to get the gully nice and flush with the tiles.

You do need to decide on the tiles before hand, although some gully's are adjustable.

Thanks for the response do it all.

So for the screed to have a slope would a mould of some sort be needed?

Why would I need to select my tiles before this process?

Cheers

It doesn't need much of a slope, normally done by eye.

The tile thickness will change the heights, so could be be anything from 10 -50mm

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response do it all.

So for the screed to have a slope would a mould of some sort be needed?

Why would I need to select my tiles before this process?

Cheers

press the thank you button the old bugger is lagging
lol-022.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back