Extension floor insulation thickness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

We are in the process of getting a rear extension built with the following sandwich layer:

Finished floor
screed with wet UFH heating
PIR insulation boards
Concrete
DPC layer
Hardcore

Is there anything in the regulation which dictates the thickness of the PIR insulation boards? I have had a look online and can't seem to find anything and our building control inspector has gone AWOL... :S

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
I googled ......building regs. insulation in floors ....got results + pictures (y)

The manufacturer of the UFH will also specify a requirement.

Do you have proper plans drawn up or are you winging it?

Sponsored Links
We do have some proper plans drawn up, but our building control inspector has asked us to do additional things that weren't documented on the initial plans as and when he comes to inspect, so I am just trying to arm myself with some information so we can counter him if it comes to it

If you had plans sent in for approval, getting that approval would require the floor insulation to be specified.

What type and thickness is specified on the plans?

If the plans have been approved the site inspector can't alter the approved insulation specified on the approved plan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back