extension ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've done a (very rough) sketch of another idea for my kitchen extension. Hope it makes sense. We have a fairly average sized 3-bed mid-terrace.

Are there any problems you can see? Is it possible to have a loo and utility basically in the middle of the house? Roughly how much do you think it'd cost?

Or if you have any better ideas, please let me know! What we want is a utility room, loo and larger area to use as a family room.[/img]

Sponsored Links
Where is your present bathroom and S&VP?

Where is the outside manhole(s) and where does the drainage run to?

Is the utility room in the extension?

Does either neighbour have an extension?

Do any neighbours share your drainage?

Are all the houses in the terrace on the same level?

FWIW: can a truck pull up to your back gate?

Where is your present bathroom and S&VP?
bathroom is above present bathroom, so all of that is outside current kitchen (where the extension will go).

Where is the outside manhole(s) and where does the drainage run to?
manhole is just outside kitchen. drain I think runs straight down the garden.

Is the utility room in the extension?
no it'll be where the kitchen is now. so the plumbing and units are all there already.

Does either neighbour have an extension?
no. but across the road does.

Do any neighbours share your drainage?
i have no idea.

Are all the houses in the terrace on the same level?
yes.

FWIW: can a truck pull up to your back gate?
we don't have a back gate. But there's a tunnel between our house and next door that is exclusively ours that goes to a gate at the front and we do have a driveway.

Perhaps if you drew a more accurate sketch showing the positions of the existing items listed above eg. manhole, tunnel,bathroom?
Maybe indicate the proposed break-thro by a dotted line?

Sponsored Links
manhole etc are where the propsed kitchen is. bathroom is directly above current kitchen. The "tunnel" (which doesn't actually go underground and i'm not sure why it's significant) is to the left of the house. I've drawn them more or less in line, so the breakthrough is just about in line with the back wall of the "current" picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back