Extension over drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting a plan together for an extension on the rear of my house which is a corner plot. I plan to extend outwards from the side of the house by 3ft and run a further 15ft across the back of the house. In the corner where i want to go outwards, i currently have the guttering downpipe, so under the ground i have a rainwater pipe. Directly in line with the downpipe, i have a rainwater manhole around 50ft down the garden so i am assuming the rainwater goes straight down the garden. How do they build an extension over this and can they ?

Sponsored Links
As you don't want to have a down pipe in your new kitchen it will need to be modified. Also your new roof will need some form of drainage, it would seem to be a good idea to pick up the old drain outside of your new build.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back