Extension plans question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Guys,

Can anyone advise on my plans please, i really dont want this dog leg to cater for the 45 degree on nextdoors un-used room. they have approved the full size extension but where do i stand?

What about the large homes extension scheme - or is that just for how we apply for planning and unrelated.

Any help and pointers are welcome too.

Cheers
existging.png

proposed.png

Sponsored Links
Yes the neighbour consultation scheme may have been a better option for dealing with a 45°rule - as long as the proposal meets the other dimension criteria.

Didn't your plan drawer advise you?

NO! - the planner came out and said that is how it has to be! he didnt even tell me about the larger homes extension scheme, i had to find that out myself.

This makes me feel somewhat worried about whom im paying to complete our plans and project management

You have been given bad advice by your plan drawer then.

Typically the plan drawer should interpret what you want and then determine how best to achieve it. There is an hierarchy -

Firstly the best option is permitted development, this means the planners aren't involved and contentious extensions can be built. If your scheme wont fit the criteria, then you use the neighbour consultation scheme. Again if your scheme does not conform to the criteria, then you apply for planning permission.

Obviously using PD means the plan drawer does not have to draw those plans and deal with an application, so there are no fees. For the neighbour consultation, there is some limited work so potentially some limited fees. But if you are steered toward a full planning application, then the plan drawer gets to charge you the full amount.

At the very least, you should have been advised that the neighbour consultation scheme was not an option if that was the case.

Sponsored Links
Hummm well this concerns me, i have just paid over the odds for my plans as the company said all the right things pre-plans. ~

I will call my LA and see what they say and then go back to my architect

Do you know how your neighbours feel about the extension?. Will they be following with something similar in the near future? Are they fussed.

Bear in mind that under the neighbour consultation scheme if the neighbour (or any adjacent and rear neighbours complain) then the council need to assess amenity aspects as they would for a planning app.

If their view is hard and fast that 45 degree can not be breached, you will have no option in the end but to appeal as the council will refuse under consultation or full planning...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back