Extension square meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all looking for little bit of
Info. I don’t know If I’m being silly here I’m trying to work out the square meter off a Double story extension Im hoping to build.

it’s 4.8 meters in width by 2.9 meters Wide. My calculations makes it 14 square meters..
I am lead to believe that in Manchester the Average cost is around 1500/2000 per Square meter.. at the high end that’s £28000..

Or am i completely wrong here ?

thank you and sorry for the poor grammar etc

Sponsored Links
Say your floor area is 5x3m and so for both floors, an area of 30sq.m. Using a guide of £2k per sq.m, you’d be looking at a build cost of £60k.

Sorry am being completely thick here

4.8 in width by 2.9 wide would be 14 square meters am If I’m correct would give me a rough build cost of 28k

or is it 28k per floor I.e ground floor and first floor giving me rough build Cost of 56k

I’m ground-worker by trade so will be doing all the foundation work my self and moving my private drain as I’m last serving house On the line

As I understand it the second story is generally cheaper than the first as foundations are already covered and are normally built to a standard required for 2 stories anyway and you only need one roof.

Sponsored Links
Sorry am being completely thick here

4.8 in width by 2.9 wide would be 14 square meters am If I’m correct would give me a rough build cost of 28k

or is it 28k per floor I.e ground floor and first floor giving me rough build Cost of 56k

I’m ground-worker by trade so will be doing all the foundation work my self and moving my private drain as I’m last serving house On the line

I just rounded it up to whole numbers but yes... those dimensions would equate to 14sq.m and a build cost of £56k, which is working on £2k per sq.m per floor.

It’s not ideal to use approx. sq.m rates but is a good guide for clients who have (for example) a budget of £30k to build a two storey extension with total floor areas of 30sq.m.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back