Exterior cornice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I’m struggling to find what is used for these exterior cornices

For example attached picture.

Pretty sure it’s not a plaster cornice considering plaster disintegrates in water.
Would it be Duropolymer;
Or upvc
I don’t think it would be timber as they would be very exposed to the elements.

I’ve searched everywhere but it seems not many places stock exterior cornice?

Attachments

• 5A0DB7BE-0A02-4503-84AA-2AC801E388C5.jpeg
    5A0DB7BE-0A02-4503-84AA-2AC801E388C5.jpeg
    386 KB · Views: 104
Sponsored Links
Your image is an ultraframe livin room roof -probably upvc and made for ultraframe.

I use orac mouldings on orangeries with a hidden box gutter
Available from Davuka.
These are softish foam though and would get damaged by a ladder. Not an issue on a hidden box gutter style as there is a top lead capping above the moulding.

On an external gutter, then the gutter itself becomes the cornice. Flush aly gutters are available from people like guttercrest, alumasc etc.

Ah your a life saver!

Davuka have these for sale on their website.

Are orac the only people who do exterior cornices?

I’ve got a parapet wall, and I’m looking to have a closed cornice with a white upvc cap on top

Do you happen to have any pictures of a hidden box gutter and how you integrate this with a box gutter and hopper?

Also, do you ‘need’ to put coping stone on top of these?

I’m being asked by the BCO to put a stone on my parapet, although I had advised him I was going to put on an exterior moulding and have a pvc cap going across the whole parapet and moulding. However he wasn’t sure.

It would look weird if I had a coping stone on top of a moulding?

Attachments

• 06905477-A33E-458A-8A55-BE0576072555.jpeg
    06905477-A33E-458A-8A55-BE0576072555.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 84
Sponsored Links
Do you happen to have any pictures of a hidden box gutter and how you integrate this with a box gutter and hopper?

Also, do you ‘need’ to put coping stone on top of these?

I’m being asked by the BCO to put a stone on my parapet, although I had advised him I was going to put on an exterior moulding and have a pvc cap going across the whole parapet and moulding. However he wasn’t sure.

It would look weird if I had a coping stone on top of a moulding?

If you want to pm me your email address I will send you a sectional drawing.

We usually dont build a parapet wall -the walls stops below the headplate.

Parapet walls are a pain -there is a transition from interior wall to interior and careful detailing is needed to ensure the damp membrane is maintained.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back