exterior painting of window frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to paint my house windows on the outside, they were painted from new approx 3-5 years ago i think. the paintwork is in pretty good order but has faded especially on south facing windows and the wood is faintly show on some of the sills, but no flaking. Is it advisable to undercoat or will i get away with rubbing down slightly and using a good top coat?
Also as the pains of glass have wooden dividers that divide the windows into small squares is it advisable to mask each square before ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Firstly you will need to sand all the paintwork down, with regard to the cills any exposed woodwork should be spot primed with either a specific wood primer or a primer/undercoat, then you will be ready to apply your undercoat, dont forget to lightly sand between coats. With regard to the masking tape that would be your choice if you feel your cutting in is'nt up to it then by all means mask the areas concerned.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back