exterior painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to do some exterior painting can this be done in january or should i wait till weather improves

Sponsored Links
I would say you'd be better off waiting for the weather to be warmer and dryer, there would be nothing worse than a downpour when the paint is taking days rather than hours to dry properly because of lower temperatures.
best to wait till a good run of weather.

It is possible to paint in the winter months but you have to pick your days very carfully. The lower temperatures can help in the fact that the paint will stay thicker, Thick paint can always be thinned but in the heat of the summer can get too thin and cant be thickened up. As long as there is no dew and the surface is dry, paint can go on. If glossing it might be necesary to add a bit of driers to the paint to speed the drying process up. You only have a short window of about 4 hrs when painting, about 10am till 2pm if your lucky.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back