Exterior Porcelain Tiles on Concrete Screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for some advice on a couple of questions.

I have set down a concrete screed for the installation of some Porcelain tiles, the screed only went down yesterday so the first question is how long do I need to wait to begin tiling and do I need to do anything else to the screed before I begin tiling?

The tiles I will be using are the Bradstone Mode tiles which are Porcelain. What adhesive would be best to use for this. I have used Mapei Mapeker Rapid Set Tile Adhesive for our indoor Porcelain tiles and it says on the pack it can be used for outdoors also and it is frost resistant. Would this adhesive be good to go outside as it is on offer in Wickes for £40 for three bags.

If this is no good then a point in the right direction would be good as I have put so much effort into getting to this stage and don't want it to fall at the final hurdle.

Thanks in advance

Reece

Sponsored Links
how long do I need to wait to begin tiling and do I need to do anything else to the screed before I begin tiling?
Until the screed is dry, which could be days/weeks depending on how thick it is. No other preparation required.

Mapei Mapeker Rapid Set Tile Adhesive

as it is on offer in Wickes for £40 for three bags.
Adhesvie is ok. Don't be sucked in by useless offers - the same adhesive is available from Screwfix for 12.79 per bag, or 11.49 per bag for 2 or more. Wickes are grossly overpriced for that product (and plenty of others).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back