Exterior sealant for wood ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about done building a new shed/playhouse. Its clad using shiplap, with 19x38mm strips on the corners that the shiplap butts up to in order to cover up the sawn ends. I am looking into whether or not to run sealant down the edge of theese strips to seal the cladding, and also down the sides of the sawn edges before I secure the strips - any thoughts ? If it a reasonable idea, can anyone please recommend a good exterior sealant that will adhere well to wood.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
It is prudent, end grain of course sooks in liquids, so you might want to apply a couple of times prior to fitting the 19 x 34 end covers...pinenot :)

It is prudent, end grain of course sooks in liquids, so you might want to apply a couple of times prior to fitting the 19 x 34 end covers...pinenot :)

Thanks. So..... treat the end grain, then a few beads of sealant followed by the trim and then more seal?
Any tips on type of seal?

You've got the procedure, as for the seal there are many to chose from, so just go for the colour that takes your fancy...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back