External airbricks too low?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our house has airbricks outside at ground level (6x2 holes) and water regularly puddles up around the house as drainage seems to be really bad in the street around us. Last night there was a pretty rediculous amount of rain and it was right around the house, I'm guessing the height of the airbricks is a problem but what I can I do about it?, one of them which is below the surface of the ground outside has a permanent mini concrete dam around it to keep the puddling water from going into the airbrick should I put something similar around the rest of the bricks which have the base of the brick level with the ground surface outside?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sponsored Links
A bit more information is required, or a couple of pictures, but not of the dam, that's obvious.

For instance, a little history of how this situation arose, the lay of the land, in general, the position of the dpc and internal ffl, and the type of internal floor, in relation to dpc and airbricks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back