Underfloor ventilation airbrick too low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have issues with damp in my house. Mainly to do with the chimney in the middle of my room but I have had some damp proofing companies come out and take a look. One of them mentioned the airbricks on the external wall and recommended I have additional ones installed. They didn't say anything but looking into it, I'm not sure if the ones I have are too low and it could be causing rainwater to enter the property?

1698769175743.png

Surely these should be slightly higher than ground level and may be causing some of the issues in the flooring behind that wall? Or is it normal to have them flush with the ground? Other houses in the same street do have it flush with the ground as well but some don't. I did take a look under the floor and it didn't seem there was any water around the area with the airbricks but it hadn't been raining when I had a look.

Sponsored Links
I doubt those airbrick's positions are a cause or contribution to damp issues.

Sponsored Links
I wasn't going to block them up, just wondering if they needed repositioning higher up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back