External Cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am looking at purchasing a house which requires some work on it both internally and externally, which is great. However, I am unsure how we can go about to insulate the exterior walls at the front and back of the house as they are built using uPVC type materials (see picture below) My experience of these is that they don't hold much insulation and give a lot of heat out.

Could any one advise how we could insulate these walls using a cladding system?

4460_39ajepas_IMG_00_0000.JPG

Sponsored Links
I think you woud first need to find out if your local authority would allow it. The photo shows a homogeneous facade of part of a terrace (?) whch would then be broken up if you were then to install (say) 100mm of external insulation

Sponsored Links
Hi there Freddy, I'm fine thanks , especially now that nature has returned to normal here , so it's -5 C outside and we've had a metre of snow in the last week for me to slide around on.

A few years back I asked some questions about building a balcony and since that has been done this summer, I'll put up a few photos during the next week or so, just as long as the lowering threat of the tax-return doesn't depress me too much.

Hope you are well too !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back