external curve plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
whilst working my way through my house i will soon be aproaching an external curve, has anyone got any tips on plastering this type of thing, it's on a corner at the bottom of the stairs and is about 2.5m high.

If they are a right pain in the a$$ then i may have to admit defeat and get someone in as the wall downstairs that joins it is about 2.5m x 2.5m and then it goes up half a flight of stairs, where the wall runs upto the first floor ceiling, or make the corner square.

thanks in advance chaps.

John

Sponsored Links
at the moment it is cast concrete / cement, which all reveals and corners were, they were skimmed upto.

thanks for the link, will have a look now.

Sponsored Links
although interesting, my curve is alot bigger than yours, i would associate it with the radius of a football.

any further advice chaps or should i just suck it and see, i can always strip it back off and admit defeat afterwards ?????

thanks in advance.

With a curve like that John, plaster the curve with the trowel in the vertical position, pushing it up and away from you as you go around the curve. That's how it would have been done originally, no beads then. Plaster the wall in the usual way,, big sweeps, full arms length, but when you come to the corner/curve, apply the plaster in the way i mentioned, starting from the top as usual, and taking the plaster around to a position where you can get into the big sweeps again,,,, hard to explain really.

i think i get what you mean roughcaster, thanks for that, i will definatly have a bash, i am considering putting some stop bead up either side and maybe making a form, then i can remove the stop beads and skim upto them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back