External Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully there is a simple answer to this one.

We are having a new extension built, shell by a contractor and internal 1st/2nd fix ourselves.

Question comes around external doors the old house has a external door, which now will go into a new small room/porch (with an external door to front and back)and then into a main lounge. Imagine a square box as the old house, a box in between and another box on from that being the new main room!

Do we need to have external standard doors where the old entrance?

Sponsored Links
I think what you are trying say is that the original external door is now an internal one.
Asthetically an internal door will look better. What I understand your question is can you replace the old external door with a new internal one?
I guess the new external door is likely to be of modern construction (Plastic/reinforced core) linked to the new casing.
I'd suggest you have two external people to satisfy - the BCO (who may or may not be interested) and your building/contents insurance company - who will probably perfectly happy with your proposals.

I did similar and checked with both; the BCO did not have any issues, the insurance company only asked did the new door meet the security standards - this Link should help.

So if you satisfy those people then there won't be a problem with replacing the external door with a new internal one - just make sure you can a door of the right size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back