external expansion vessels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all would be greatful for any help. after weeks of waiting finally got a plumber to come & look at my central heating. the expansion vessel has packed in and i keep losing pressure, he told me that it would be easier & alot cheaper to fit an external vessel than to take down boiler and replace internal one. sounds great but there is no room anywhere near the boiler to fit it, as it is built into a fitted kitchen. he told me that the vessel could be fitted anywhere in the house.as it is just a case of teeing off any radiator pipe, running copper pipe to a suitable place, which in my case is upstairs in the airing cupboard. is it realy this simple or is he going to do a botch-job
many thanxs for any advice
paul

Sponsored Links
He's saving you money and you're questioning his honesty and professionalism?

Oh, he is right in what he says.

Its really that simple.

Of course if you would prefer to have the one in the boiler replaced then thats a simple but time consuming and involved job usually coming to over £200 as the boiler has to be taken off the wall!

You are the customer and its your choice!

Tony

being a plumber, you can't win.
charge the punter a lot and he accuses you of ripping him off.
tell him it is a simple little job, and he doesn't trust you

Sponsored Links
Is it an Ideal by any chance? When you get him back to do the job he recommends dote on his every word and feed him bacon sarnies. You'll need a good plumber as a matter of routine every year.

to be fair to this customer i get a lot of my own customers questioning me when i say ill fit a remote vessel. its not like he's accusing the plumber of being a cowboy.

eastie- its fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back