External Flood lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought two 120W PIR Halogen Flood lights and want to.

Use
Tough Rubber flex Lenght cable and wire them
Run 1.5mm Tough Rubber flex lenght of cable (5 Meters) from 13amp socket plug.

This will split into two from a junction box and I will use a 1mm Tough flex cable to power the spot lights. 3 meters each.

Can I do this ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
When you applied for Building Regulations approval, what did you say would be the way you would comply with P1?

Who applies for building regs approval to put up two spotlights...

OP, the cable will be sufficient for those lights but you need to make sure that the junction box is either indoors or specially designed for outdoor use. Also when drilling the external hole drill at a slight downwards angle from inside and seal the exterior with silicone to stop water coming in.

Sponsored Links
chm - I know that the loss of the thumbs-down feature came as a blow to you, as it removed the anonymous way in which you could criticise my posts when there was no rational basis for doing so, but I would advise against you showing just how hard of thinking you really are by behaving as stupidly as you did above.

Just how do you think that a simple and truthful answer to cajar's question equates to an attempt to enforce the law?

Or is thinking of that complexity another thing you're incapable of?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back