External gap between old brick work and new render on corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have recently had a rear extension with a render finish, however I have been left with a fairly large gap on the corner where the new render and old brickwork meet (photo attached). The builder has said "that's the finish, cause if you fill it with render, it will simply fall out" however I'm not convinced, as this gap is on a corner at the start of a passage and the wind will surely push the rain into the gap and cause dampness. Any ideas on how to fill this gap would be greatly received.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 254
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes it expands but I would like to see a bigger picture of the wall so to speak I want to see more of the wall and diff angle, one things for sure that's not a finish I would like to see more of job to see how best it should have been done and for best remedy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back