External garage electricity wrongly connected to neighbours supply

Thinking about this further; if the house is freehold and the garage is leasehold (personally I think it seems more and more unlikely) the garage should not have a feed provided by the freeholder from the house.

Sponsored Links
I don’t know the best way to resolve the issue, the garages are leasehold so we have a management company but I’m not sure they will see it as their issue (I have asked the question).
I suggest that if you and the neighbour have a shared problem and can split the costs 50:50, then do that and don't involve the freeholder. The freeholder's only motivation is skimming off their cut, so not involving them may be in your best interest, if you don't actually need to.
Assuming that you and your neighbour are actually using the correct garages!

The lease
I suggest that if you and the neighbour have a shared problem and can split the costs 50:50, then do that and don't involve the freeholder. The freeholder's only motivation is skimming off their cut, so not involving them may be in your best interest, if you don't actually need to.
Assuming that you and your neighbour are actually using the correct garages!
The leases WILL INCLUDE A Land Registry PLAN showing the garages.

Do you think that plan would have been drawn up before, or after they numbered the garages incorrectly?
:)

Sponsored Links
Do you think that plan would have been drawn up before, or after they numbered the garages incorrectly?
:)
That plan will show the physical location of the property the in the Land Registry lease. Regardless of any name given to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back