External insulation/render advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have concrete block outbuilding that has been externally insulated and rendered when the house got done before we bought it. I'm going to be changing the roof on it and making it slightly higher so there will be Abit of patchwork to do on about 1 course of blocks. It looks like a grey foam/polystyrene board about 50mm thick. My questions are

Is this a certain type of insulation board can I pick this up from my local wickes or b&q (expanded polystyrene) ?
What render do I need to go over the insulation ?
I've never rendered before but with it been a small job I'm going to give it ago myself.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like graphite EPS... I'm sure loads of thicknesses are available but I've seen 40mm, 90mm & 100mm about.

When you patch the render, it will always be visible, could you make a very deep fascia or something so no further rendering is needed?

Hi yes it will be getting covered with a fascia but with me adding a course of blocks higher to change the roof to slope from back to front instead of left to right the blocks will show above the rendered walls and will be set back further than the current render if that makes sense without the 50mm insulation boards and render

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back