Having new external insulated render fitted - Advice please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm having new external insulated render fitted, some render was removed, some plastered over ( sound enough i'm told), but some has had the insulation fitted to it as is.
I'm a little worried as I've read the render should all be plastered to make a smooth base for the insulation. There are gaps between the insulation/my old render at the door,I thought there had to be no gaps? They have just started one week so far.
Can someone please advise me if this is normal, we have one council tenant in the block of four flats therefore the council have arranged the work, supplied the contractor. I want to know its getting done properly as I will be paying for it!
Thanks
Jeanette

Sponsored Links
You'll have to take it up with the council .

I want to know its getting done properly as I will be paying for it!

You'll also be getting a minimum of five years and as long as 20 years for any defect claims.

But generally there should be no gaps, but it can depend on the system.

Speak with your council liaison officer/project manager.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back