External LED Lights, one working fine other flashing intermittently...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

About five months ago i fitted a pair of external LED lamps to the rear of my single storey extension

They've been working fine the whole time, now all of a sudden one of them has gone loopy, whilst the other one is fine

The one that's gone bonkers flashes on & off, quite purporsefully (doesn't seem faulty or an error) almost as if it's an SOS signal

All the wriring is fine & as I say, had no issues till the other night

Anyone got any clues as to what's happened as I haven't got a clue

Sponsored Links
Have you tried swopping them about, if you do & have the same problem in the different location it would suggest a faulty fitting.

Pure guess, water has got into the fitting.
Air expands and contracts a lot, if cold rain hits a warm fitting the air cools down and sucks in water, only cure is hole in the bottom, although very small in my case 1/16 inch.

JJ- not tried that yet as only noticed Sunday night (around 930pm!) but will do - thing is they're such a pain to take apart

Eric- WE've had amazing weather last few weeks so would doubt it would be water and the IP box is under a kind of metal fascia/plinth that they put on the top of EWI

Sponsored Links
Some of these LED fittings don't last as long as is claimed .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back