External plasterboard corners - gap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

When plasterboarding an external corner, does it matter if the two plasterboard pieces are not pushed right up against each other? I have cut a couple pieces of realised there is a bit of a gap (there are not butted completely up against each other) However my metal angle bead will still fit and can be stuck down to both pieces.

Is there any disadvantage to having this small external corner gap between the two pieces?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
rammylare1, good evening.

Short answer is no, A small gap is OK just infill with the filler you are fitting the bead with, job done.

Ken

Hi Ken, thanks for replying.

That is good to hear, I put the plasterboard up yesterday but realised that the corner gap was too big for the bead to have anything to stick to! Is there anything in particular you would recommend me filling that corner in with so I can put the beading in?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I wasn't sure if there was a particular filler that anybody would recommend. I bought this:

https://www.diy.com/departments/mak...finishing-powder-compound-10kg/1824955_BQ.prd

5060370711512_01c

Will that be all good?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back