external render, more than just sand and cement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have about 60m of external dwarf garden walls to render, then paint. I know, the paint will need maintenance but "it's been agreed with the boss"

I've always wondered what they use on programs like Grand Designs where they apply external, smooth render. It looks smoother than s&c would and looks more link the pink stuff to apply (which I would prefer)

Any recommendations?

Is the stuff on Grand Designs and similar that K-Rend stuff?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Someone has mentioned K Rend Silicone TC15

Trying to find some reviews about it but failing.

I can see it's "expensive" (though that is a relative term), well more than the equivalent in s&c of course, but ready mixed etc, etc...

Is this THE render to use, or are there other better alternatives?

For a garden wall then its got to be S&C every time - how can you justify the expense of more modern materials, unless you want to practice with synthetics or whatever.

FWIW, garden wall rendering tends to look terrible after a very short time - perhaps its the exposure or lack of DPC's. Once its painted then it seems to require renewing at rapid intervals.

Perhaps, Grand Designs film the day after render/paint completion?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back