external render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this should be here or in the plastering section, but i am doing up the external to my house and the paintwork on the render is relatively solid, however i can scrape it of were ther are cracks in the paint, this is quite random, if i know apply paint over the walls i will have a varying texture!! I have a surplus amount of a prduct called "Bond it" a gypsum product that is rollered onto smooth surfaces to accept plaster.. it so happens that this bondit is a good texturiser and if i applied it to all my render i would paint over and have a uniform finish, what i cannot assess is if this bond it will be suitable for this type of application... what i might be asking is if not what alternatives to uniform a surface, i dont really want to purchase a high build or textured paint as i already have my smooth masonry paint.

Many thanks
Russell

Sponsored Links
If you are talking about either of the 'Bond-it Pregrit' products, for plaster or render, then I would not recommend them for painting onto. They will form a waterproof film when dry that will more than likely cause adhesion issues, particularly if you are using a water-based masonry paint. I doubt the plaster version you mention would even be suitable for outdoor use anyway.

It's difficult to recommend a method for patching up bare areas without actually seeing the difference in texture. Perhaps you could upload a photo to help people here come up with something suitable for you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back