External toilet waste pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a small ensuite toilet and washroom in a bedroom, but routing the toilet waste pipe inside the house would be a big problem. The ideal solution (from my point of view) would be to run the toilet waste pipe down the outside wall to a sewer junction which happens to be under the walkway (on our property) at the side of the house. Is this allowable, or is there likely to be some law against it?

Sponsored Links
You seem to want to add an external stack - in principle not a problem but you do have to let your local building control officer know what you are doing and have it inspected - along with any underground alterations you make to connect the stack to the sewer.

I think u will find all new installation of en-suit's require full planning permission.Just ring planning & ask 4 advice.If u dont wana take it give the wrong address.

Thanks fellas - I am surprised that I might need planning permission for an ensuite, but I will no doubt find out from my local building inspector.

Sponsored Links
Dont be surprised the pen push's have gone mad lately. as a time served plg& htg with 23yrs + retraing 4 corgi gas is bad enough but they are now planning on compulsive City & Guilds training to fit & self certify instalation of all plumbing as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back