External wall insulation, Fixing canopy after installation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im after a bit of advice im currently getting ewi fitted for free the whole estate im living on is being done aswell, They are removing the concrete door canopy/shelter and just leaving the wall flat which looks awful in my opinion so ive ordered a grp door canopy to fit and theres so many sub contractors and non english speaking workmen im loosing hope on when to fit it.

As far as im aware timber needs to be fitted so the foam doesnt compress when the canopy is fitted getting them to put the timber is seeming very difficult as they seem to just fly through and get them done quickly, Also the site supervisor has said over the phone that they arent obliged to put the timber in or fit canopies although we were told this at the start but he did say the stuff they are using doesnt compress so i can just fit it after is that true? To make things more difficult the scaffolding has gone up and will be in the way of the canopy any pointers here would be great thanks

Sponsored Links
Its been a while since I've done any EWI but I seem to recall that you can cut/drill into the insulation and fit spacers/sleeve to take fixings for retrospective fittings.

Sponsored Links
They look perfect just found a box of twenty online for 40-50 quid depending on size thanks, the rest will come in handy for anything else in need to fix to the house in the future thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back