External Wall rendering Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, My house has suffer from movement from the past 30 years, expecially the area ourside above the windows where there is a feaure arch brickwork on each window. I want to hide this with a type of attractive wall coating in terracotta or cream. I would like to know is it possible to cover up a feature arch/intel and make it straight with pebbledash or render rather than having an arch above the window or does a biulder need to do this first with a new lintel. I live in an old street house with box sash windows but the windows have been made smaller at the top to accomodate for the movement. thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It might be a good idea to get a builder round to your house, and have a talk with him, to see what he thinks. Without actually seeing what you're on about, it's hard to give an opinion on here. You can form an imitation lintel over a door/window, using coloured cement render, but as i said, consult a builder, for on the spot advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back