External Wiring Question on a Wago ABOX 221 IP65 32A 5-Terminal Weatherproof Outdoor Junction Box 110mm x 110mm x 67mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am having Air Condition installed and have the units already in place now ready for the power. Given the consumer unit is on the opposite side of the house I have run 25mm plastic conduit from one side, through the roof and to the other side. Within it I have two 4mm twin and earth cables. One for the AC and one for future projects next year.

I am having to get things prepared best I can for my electrician who is on holiday and has a small window to help when back.

Questions that would really help me:

1) Just read that I need IP65 glands for outdoor use. I had planned to use my 25mm conduit into a female connector with it going straight into the box. Are the glands just for sheathed cables and thus can I do as I plan? Conduit into it, conduit out

2) I have used Wago before although the has 222 series and it says 0.08 - 2.5mm2 solid and stranded and 0.08 to 4mm2 fine stranded. My cables are standard 4mm twin and earth, do I need a different Wago?

3) I have a Rotary Isolator to connect so I am assuming main cables into junction, run out to isolator, run to AC unit. I think the switch is 4 pole, anything I would need to be aware of? Will watch a few tutorials on how you connect them

4) Sadly I am 2m off my calculations due to the loft so I need to extend the cable. Can I use another external Wago box on the other side and then cable from there to the consumer unit? Simpler way of asking... on a 20A required rating - can I have more junction boxes if my cable was too short?

Just to reiterate - non of this is live, nor will be live. Will all be checked over by a qualified electrician and I am not going anywhere near the consumer unit. Just trunking to it and then leaving all cables to be fused and connected.

THANK YOU!!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back