extortionate price for 1 screw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently been changing some trevi showers and was in need of some parts, i went on a website that i shall not name and found the self tapping screw required to attatch the temperature control knob. As it turned out the cost of this one little screw came to £1.21.... THEN £7.50 p&p and £1.29 VAT.

£10!!!

what a crazy price for one tiny screw, in the end i went to screwfix and got a box of 100 for £2.29.

sorry about this pointless rant but i had to vent my anger somwhere. ;)

Sponsored Links
Recently replaced the PRV on a Triton electric shower, you know the wee thing that goes in the bottom of the shower and bursts if there is a surge in mains pressure in order to protect the shower?

Well Triton used to send these out to customers FOC but they are now charging £15 odds for them :eek:

yep. get the same with boiler parts, halstead diaphragm £30 plus.same one used for an ariston £8.

Sponsored Links
There are plenty of places in London that charge in excess of £100 for a short screw; tenner doesn't seem too bad.

Screws are few and far between in Devon, can't seem to get one for love nor money...

haha is newcastle really considered that bad :) . the screw in question was advertised on a website based in Gloucester, however like i said i got 100 for £2 or somthing from screw.. i just dont see how the website could justify such a stupid price. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back