Extractor fan air brick extraction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to decide how to best site extraction vents from an understairs loo and a downdraft extractor on a kitchen island. It's a terrace so everything needs to vent to the rear.

The only route for the ducts inside the house is underneath the floorboards, therefore I'm planning to vent using air bricks just above the DPC.

The issue I have is that over 70 percent of the back wall is a door. The two existing air bricks to ventilate under the floor are within the remaining 30 percent.

Is there any reason for the loo and kitchen not to vent underneath the door?

Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links
The only route for the ducts inside the house is underneath the floorboards, therefore I'm planning to vent using air bricks just above the DPC.
I'm not sure about your kitchen island but, in the case of the under-stairs loo, I would have thought that the most common route would be above ceilings (after a bit of joggling under the stairs!), rather than below floors. Odours tend to rise, so if the vent in the loo is low down (if that is your intention), it could have the effect of drawing those odours down to a part of the room where they were more noticeable!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back