Extractor Fan (apologies in advance)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is not in the relevant section and should be under the Windows section.

And also, just to clarify, it is Friday, but no I haven't been drinking.

I have a rather unusual bathroom, in that it is located between the bedroom and the spare room.

As a result the bathroom window is on the roof of the house, positioned above in a square gap in the ceiling, and you need ladders to climb up a sort of 'vertical tunnel' to open and close the blooming thing.

It is mental I know. I think it's described as a "stolen light."

Anyway, the window is closed now, but drips condensation quite a lot and it's a pain.

The point is (thank goodness you say) that is it possible to install an EXTRACTOR FAN (at last, eh?) in the middle of the window to absorb the drips or does it need to be positioned elsewhere?

If any one help, it would be so great, because it is driving me mental. Which is driving the mrs mental. Cheers...

Sponsored Links
if the bathroom has an external wall, you can hire a core drill to cut a neat round hole for a fan. IMO this is better than getting glass cut and fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back