Extractor fan bathroom few questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone!

I am needing to put in two extractor fans one in a downstairs shower/toilet and one in a upstairs bathroom + toilet.

I would like to go for a Vent-Axia as i have heard the are one of the most reliable extractor fan manufactures? Also i am looking at 150mm ones for more power to clear steam quicker, need to be powerful as well do not mind about the noise. Lastly looking for one where i can just use a pull cord to power on and pull cords to open the fins or one where i power on and it will sort out opening it up

I have found this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vent-Axia-4...UTF8&qid=1430751011&sr=1-8&keywords=Vent-Axia

Although it states it is "kitchen/ utility" does this mean i can not use it in a bathroom at all?

If anyone has any suggestions or help would be grateful, i have been searching a long time but feel as though i have gone full circle.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Would depend on the extent of work and your knowledge and technical ability.
Work in rooms with showers/baths, requires building controls notification and
approval.
Replacement can be done without notification, bath/shower rooms require RCD protection, electric should be inspected, tested and certificated.
Can be complexed and costly as fee is required to notify work.

You could google the competent persons register, put your post code in the required space, and see what magic happens!

I will help you out on first bit http://www.competentperson.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Work in rooms with showers/baths, requires building controls notification and
approval.
Only within the zones.

So if i did not install within the zones a qualified electrician would not need to do the wiring ? and i would not have to notify of change and get it inspected?

This is my first DIY project so bear with me :D

So if i did not install within the zones a qualified electrician would not need to do the wiring ? and i would not have to notify of change and get it inspected?
Work within the zones, requires notification, if you did the work you notify, the electrician needs to be on a domestic installers scheme to be able to self-notify.
If you intend to do donkey work, then ask someone to sign off, then get them on-board now, as some will not.
Notifiable work, undertaken by a non-self notifying installer, requires to be applied and approved, prior to starting the work.
All domestic work needs to comply to the regulations, even if not notifiable. So there should always be documented evidence that the work complies to these regulations. This would be by either an electrical installation or minor work cert, depending on the extent of the work.
This is my first DIY project so bear with me :D
We all start somewhere, but if it has to be an electrical task, then get yourself clued up on the theory and the installation techniques.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back