Vent-axia Extractor fan: What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have had to replace by bathroom extractor fan which is timed with the electric switch to come on.
The Model I have replaced the old one is a matching one called 'Vent Axia Silhouette 100T Bathroom / Toilet Extractor Fan with Timer. Model Number: 454056B ( )

All connections are fine and the extractor fan comes on when it is switched on independently;but the feature which it had earlier of coming on with the light switch and switching off 2 minutes after the the light is put off is not working!

What have I done wrong or do I need to make nay other adjustment other than connecting the three coloured wires together again? Have I picked the wrong model? Grateful for any help! :) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silhouette-...2355&sr=8-4&keywords=vent+axia+extractor+fans

Sponsored Links
Perhaps I'm being thick but I'm not clear what's not working.

The old one came on when the light was switched on and went off two minutes after the light was switched off.

The new one .... ?

pj

Perhaps I'm being thick but I'm not clear what's not working.

The old one came on when the light was switched on and went off two minutes after the light was switched off.

The new one .... ?

pj

Apologies for not being clear. Right now the timer isn't working. The extractor fan works independently of the light switch. Earlier the light switch used to get the fan working and would shut off automatically once the light was put off.

Sponsored Links
You must have either wired it incorrectly.
Have you a picture of the wiring to the fan and do you also have a two pole/probe voltage indicator?

Possibly you have reversed the permanent live and switched live feeds?

You must have either wired it incorrectly.
Have you a picture of the wiring to the fan and do you also have a two pole/probe voltage indicator?

Enclosed two images.First image is of the original connection and the second of the new conncetion.

[/img]

Apologies for not being clear. Right now the timer isn't working. The extractor fan works independently of the light switch. Earlier the light switch used to get the fan working and would shut off automatically once the light was put off.
Still not clear on how it is working.

Do you mean the fan is on permanently?

Can you clarify. With the old fan, it came on when the light was pulled and it went off when the light was turned off? Did that happen as soon as the light went off or did it run for a little while before turning off?

With the new fan, does it run all the time and never go off?

Now would be a good time to invest in a multimeter.

Can't help you uless you can make some very basic tests. You'll need a multimeter to do it.

NO - NOT A NEON SCREWDRIVER!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back