Extractor fan recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a small bathroom (with shower over bath) measuring about 7m3. It currently doesn't have an extractor fan so I want to get one fitted when I come to do the bathroom in the next week or two.

Any recommendations to brand/model? I've used the calculator on tlc direct and it recommends and extraction rate of about 162m3/h. Ideally, I want a 4" fan but I can't seem to find any that are this powerful? I was looking at the following 5" Silent one (with humidistat):

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Product...=adwords&kw=&gclid=CLvo6aC94boCFWbMtAod00MA6g

Are they any good?

The reason why I've chosen one with a humidistat is that we don't want it coming on with the light as our toddler is a very light sleeper and it will (probably) wake her up. Do fans exist with a delay on them so you have five minutes, for example, before the fan kicks in?

Many thanks,
Paul.

Sponsored Links
Have you got any roofspace available above the bathroom?

If you have, you should consider an in-line fan like this:

http://www.vent-axia.com/product/acm-line-mixed-flow-fans-acm100t.html

I have one installed and it works very well, you can only just hear it in the bathroom. It's installed in the loft with insulated ductwork and the exhaust goes through a roof tile.

It's a lot more effective than the existing wall mounted one too.

Thanks for your reply, David.

Unfortunately it's a flat room so no roofspace available, otherwise I would opt for an in-line fan like the one you posted.

I've decided not go with the humidistat as I get the feeling that it will just stay on permanently when it's raining, etc. I'll get the same fan, but just with a timer, and on a separate pull cord to the light.

Paul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back