extractor fan yet again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased a Vectaire RA10/4 Plus T extractor fan. The instructions are just about criminally negligent because the wiring diagram does not resemble the terminal block in the fan. Logic: I assume the fan needs 2 live sources in order for the timer overun to operate. I assume that there is only a requirement for one nuetral. I assume that the 3 input terminal marked SL N L stands for Switched live, neutral and permanent live. Am I going to blow myself up with this logic?Your kind and understanding replies would be much appreciated. I am not an electrician but have a fair bit of common sense. Do I need a building regs inspection for an upstairs toilet and sink. Basil53

Sponsored Links
Not sure on what the rules are for work in Scotland.
Don't know what is criminally negligent about the terminals, as long as they are clearly labelled with their inteded purpose. The fan will need a permanent live for the timer run on and a switch live to operate it. Only one neutral is required. You should also run an earth to it as it may be required in the future. You should also install some sort of isolator for it - as it is a timed run on then a 3 pole isolator will be required. What size fuse does it require?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back