Extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have posted a few questions re a ensuite i am looking at putting in on the 2nd floor of my house. The top floor romm which wil become the ensuite is in what would be the loft but this is an old victorian town house and the loft space was made into a bedroom. When i do the ensuite will i require an extractor fan, the room is small and already has a good sixe velux in it so would i need one?
Lee

Sponsored Links
i would install a fan with over run timer your only proplem will be getting it outside via ducting as i assume you have a house either side

i`m pretty sure but check building regs require an extractor for ventelation

//www.diynot.com/network/divingmoose/albums/

Hi think the above link should take you to the photo of the room that we want to convert to a ensuite. This pic was from a year ago when the house was renovated by the builder before we bought it. This room is now a box room decorated etc.
Where the velux is, would it be possible to put the extractor next to the velux and have it going straight out onto the pitched roof underneath the slate tiles, would this work.
Lee[/img]

yes that would work.
would be better to extract at the highest point possible
or use ducting with the fan on the wall below the window you can get super slim ducting channel 225mm x 25mm you could place this behind plasterboard on the ceiling running down to the wall or as i`ve used it before between joist under the floorboards
hope this is some help

Sponsored Links
moose - you have loads of alternatives for exhausting the vent, including through the tiles on a pitched roof using a tile vent. Also be aware that some extractors are designed only to be used on vertical surfaces (bearing issues).

although some fans claim to work out of plain all this does is as you pointed out stress the motor and bearings i`m sure the term is gyro? something :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back