Extractor fan in roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the best way to fit a vent in a roof for en suite extractor fans? I can't really get the outlet to the exterior wall, it's a Victorian house and the ensuites have been added in the centre of the rooms. Would a normal 4" boiler style capped vent/pipe with the ali flashing, made for roofs do? Although I really need a way of preventing blow back.

I should mention that the roof has no overhanging soffit - the slates only protrude a couple of inches from the wall.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thx

Sponsored Links
Fit one of these in place of a tile. You will also need to fit a condensate trap at the bottom of the vertical section to stop condensation running back into the fan. Blowback is not normally a problem with a vertical stack as the wind blows across the top of the duct, rather than down it. A cowl will stop rain entering

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back