Extractor Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Electrician fitted two extractor fans for me one in the utility room and another in a server cupboard. Both fans are just on / off and do not have any humidistat / timer etc. The one in the Utility is wired directly to the light switch without a D/P isolator. I have taken the switch off and it appears that the switch may be a double pole it has 4 terminals L1,L2,N1,N2
The one in the server cupboard is also activated by a white traditional light switch which has 4 terminals as above.
Please can you confirm if these comply with the regs. Elswhere in the house there are traditional fan isolator switches with Neon indicators, i just expected him to fit these additional two the same.

Sponsored Links
it has 4 terminals L1,L2,N1,N2
Yes, double pole.

The one in the server cupboard is also activated by a white traditional light switch which has 4 terminals as above.
It would seem to be as it has four terminals.

Please can you confirm if these comply with the regs. Elswhere in the house there are traditional fan isolator switches with Neon indicators, i just expected him to fit these additional two the same.
All would appear to be satisfactory.

Neons are not really necessary for fans as they make a noise - the fans, that is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back