extractor fans

SJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help. I am fitting a bathroom in the attic space of an old chapel.There are no exterior walls to run an extractor through, my only option is straight through the roof.The roof is slates on battens on sarking boards(no joists) in all i have about 75mm from ceiling to slates, any ideas?

Sponsored Links
moderator sorry i did move it to wrong forum

Not to worry. Even God makes mistakes. I ask you, testicles on the outside ----

OK SJ let's try again. First things first. Are you sure that old chapel isn't listed? You should find this out before you make any holes in it. Even if it isn't I would still want to avoid putting a vent through a slate roof. A better bet would be to fit ducting down the slope of the roof and out below the eaves. With luck you'll have enough space for a downward facing vent in the soffit.

PS: I see the 'swear' word detector is still at it, blotting out standard English and forcing me to use swear words instead. I have just one word for that infernal piece of code --- Balls!

theres no reason why you cant put a slate vent in just use a discreet one that lies flat on the roof you will barely be able to see it from the ground.

Sponsored Links
i know some one who used to collect tractors, as he no longer does this he is now an ex-tractor fan

would he be willing to sell any, i used to be an ex-tractor fan but im starting up again :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back