extractor venting through upvc cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to run ducting for a new extractor chimney hood (Neff). Kitchen is galley, house is 70s terrace (mid) and neither wall in kitchen backs onto an external wall. Joists run wrong way to run ducting to external wall, so I plan to use the flat 125mm section duct and box it in at ceiling height after. Assuming this is all ok, my issue is how to get the ducting vented to outside. My ceiling height means it would need to exit through upvc external shiplap style cladding. Is this possible, and if so how...? Otherwise ducting will need another 2 90degree bends to exit lower through brick.

Any advice?[/u]

Sponsored Links
cut out the duct size through the wall and you will find either some timber and then the cladding or just the cladding. once you have got through the wall drill a hole through timber/cladding in each corner throught to outside. then go outside and carefully with a stanley knife cut between each hole drilled and then attach duct and grill.

Thanks! Sounds like I've less to worry about than I thought. Take it that water proofing duty around the vent will be down to the use of some suitable external sealer/mastic/silicon?

Thanks! Sounds like I've less to worry about than I thought. Take it that water proofing duty around the vent will be down to the use of some suitable external sealer/mastic/silicon?
Neutral Curing silicone :idea: That will stick to the plastic . Most window fitters don`t use it - which is good because you can then pull off the strings of sealant that they spread everywhere ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back