Kitchen extractor hood duct type

5 Feb 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Have new oven and extractor being fitted in the kitchen fireplace in a few weeks. I'm supplying the oven and extractor, with a builder doing the work.

The extractor installation manual doesnt specify a duct type, other than min and suggested width (125 and 150mm), and it being non combustible

As I'm supplying the extractor I also need to supply the duct.

Duct isnt going straight up the chimney - its going to exit the front of the chimney breast, above the false ceiling running parallel with the joists and straight out to an external wall. About 4m.

Does it matter what type of duct? There's laminated aluminium, fireproof, rigid, semi rigid ranging in price

What's the correct duct to supply?
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local