eye level double oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Have been given a lovely Stoves electric double oven by a friend - which she had installed at 'eye level'.

Is there any reason why it can't be fitted into a normal built under oven housing unit i.e. is there some electrical/safety reason why it has to be installed at eye level?

If the oven can be fitted at base level - then this would save us loads of hassle (don't get me started..!) so all advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Trinket

Sponsored Links
try googling for the oven's manufacturere and serial number..

I can't see any problems with that other than if it actually fits..

eye level just saves your back while cheking the sunday roast and make removing those large xmas turkeys a lot easier....

Major thanks for putting us on the right track.

Been trying to find 900mm (high) housing units for double ovens online all day but only found screwfix (extreme limited choice) ones...trying not to give up but am dangerously close to trying to 'extend' the 720mm high housing we do have. I know, sounds like another bodge job on the horizon! roll:

Regards.
trinket

Dear Trinket
Our "Blomberg" double oven (german) is at eye level. I have just measured its height at 880mm which is higher than the distance between the floor & bottom of the work top.
It would need to be above the Kick board level to start with so I dont think it would work.
You dont want the oven door opening direcly on to the floor.
Hope this helps.
JonB

Sponsored Links
Thanks JonB

The bottom of the oven housing we do have - albeit the wrong height (at the mo' anyway!) is raised 100mm off the ground. I think this should be ok..let me know if you think it needs to be higher?

Regards
trinket

But what is the height of the New oven? If it is a double, sounds as if it wont go under.

I have just Googled Stove double ovens.
The normal height is 885mm But they do a couple of under top models at 703mm. You will have to check.
JonB

The new oven is 900mm high and the existing oven housing we have is a standard 720mm high - so am thinking of extending this to 900mm (don't laugh!) but you won't see the extended panels once unit is in place etc....like I said, I know it sounds like a bodge job...but it might just work!?

Regards
Trinket

I hope it works for you.
Dont forget to check that your electric supply is up to the added load of a double oven.
Jonb

I hope it works for you.
Dont forget to check that your electric supply is up to the added load of a double oven.
Jonb

Thank you everyone - you're the best!

ColJack, good thinking batman, if current cunning plan goes belly-up, will defo check the end panels and bases etc from B&Q.

Regards
Trinket

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back