F22 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi have a vaillant ecotec plus 615 displaying the f22 fault, I understand that the system need to be filled up but can't find any levers to do this! the only braided pipe I can find is in the loft near the cold water storage tank but again no levers. Anyone able to give me any pointers please.

Attachments

• 1451933636756-461916884.jpg
    1451933636756-461916884.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 187
Sponsored Links
There is no internal filling loop on a 615. They promised it on the Mk2 and even had one on display at EcoBuild but when we fitted one of the early ones it wasn't there!

Your braided pipe link is probably where you should be looking.

Is that the one I would have seen in the loft? If so how do I turn it on to fill the system?

Post a picture of the hose in the loft and also your airing cupboard if possible

Sponsored Links
That's the airing cupboard, will have to do the one in the loft later I'm afraid

Attachments

• 1451935269354-742553498.jpg
    1451935269354-742553498.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 188
Nothing we can see in that pic will be it. Take it there is no braided his in there anywhere.

the only braided pipe I can find is in the loft near the cold water storage tank but again no levers.

You may have to open a isolation valve with a small flat heat screwdriver.

does it look similar to this by any chance?:

img-4cc7fa00eb40ff5d33ca59cb369a34de.jpg

Na mate, the only braided hose I could find was on the loft there was a pressure gauge close to it.

You'll need a screwdriver to open the valve
Stupid place for a filling loop.

Did u have this installed?

Was installed before we moved in, so I just need to turn it clockwise, how do I know when to turn it off?

Do I just turn it clockwise till it starts filling up?

Yes but what way you turn it does not matter; when the line part where you insert the screwdriver is in line with the body of the valve it is likely open, when it is horizontal to the body of the valve it is likely closed. either way, a quarter of a turn of the valve will open or close it respectively.

Stupid place for a filling loop.

I Agree.

Cheers for your help guys, will give it a go later and let you know how I get on.

You look at the black pointer on the pressure gauge.

SLOWLY open the valve until you hear water moving and watch the gauge until the pointer reaches about 1.2 bar.

Then immediately turn the valve to the off ( starting position ).

Hopefully if the sensor is not clogged the F22 fault will then reset.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back