Face meets car park barrier.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not really a DIY disaster, but I'm a regular on the Electrics UK secton and I thought I'd post this.

Last Saturday me and a mate thought we'd give the bikes an airing, after a good round trip we were almost home when my mate, who was following behind shouted to me that his seat that had been loose for a while had finally come off, I looked over my shoulder, hit a drop kerb and headed in the direction of a car park barrier. I tried to duck to avoid it and hit the side of my head on it. Ouch. Out cold for a couple of minutes.

Rushed to hospital and patched up, laft hand side of face a real mess, discharged some 3 hours later. Spent the weekend in bed.

Became concerned about the whole of the left of my face being numb so went back to A&E, seen and told to come back today. Now after X-Rays and a CT scan I find that I've fractured my cheek bone in 4 places and the bone under my eye is pretty knackered too.

So, thats a nice big operation tommorrow to put everything back together again and as many days off as I can afford, not many! Looks like I'll be putting the price of titanium up, the amount of it they've got to shove in!

Lesson to you all - look where you are going when riding a bike, and don't even stop for half a shandy on the way back!

Sponsored Links
ow! ow! ow!

do you mean pedal cycle, or the sort you wear a helmet on?

Push bike, I now look like a chipmunk from one side owing to the amount of fiddling they had to do inside my cheek to get my titanium plate in!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back