Mondeo 1.8 TD 1996

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Check the pictures i have on this site for more info.
Had been directed along another route yesterday after coming across a crash involving a motorcyclist who was laying in the road.
I had been traveling along a road and came upto a parked car on the left with a person stood at the drivers side of the vehicle chatting to the driver.
All of a sudden a Police car came into view with lights flashing and head lights full on but no siren! I had to quickly slam on my brakes to avoid hitting him head on and try to veer my vehicle around the parked vehicle, the Police also slammed on their brakes and their car skidded. But as i hit my brakes there was a loud bang from the front end of my car on my side and a split second the brake pedal went into free fall and nearly went to the floor but then bit again allowing me to come to a stop as the Police then shot off probably towards this accident.
I got out of the car and went to the front of the vehicle looked underneath but could see nothing? I then got the jack from the back of the car and jacked the car it was then i saw the wheel move but the disc stayed stationary?
It was only after the wheel was removed that i saw what had happened the front of the brake disc had snapped away from the disc itself so all i had been braking on was three brakes. I was very lucky not to have been traveling faster as this could have been another accident only 10 minutes from the last one and this person stood by the parked car could have been seriously injured. The car was hence brought back by the incredible RAC they were brilliant fast and very professional. I am glad i had recovery.
Thank you to the RAC would recommend their services to anyone.

Sponsored Links
Back