Garage repairs faulty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Took my car for MoT a cpl weeks ago, it failed on the steering rack, the garage replaced the rack gave me a 12mth warrenty on it, and passed the car, since then its been kinda sluggish but i put that down to new racks, set off today and my brake pads fell out of the wheel, the disc is rusted as if it hasnt been used for a while...i know they took everything off as they had to , to replace the rack seems to me they didnt put everythign back correctly..what are my rights in this matter ? ty

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't have thought they would have needed remove the brake pads, I would suggest that a pads had rusted onto the disc which pulled them off the backplate when you moved. The pads can not normally fall out when the wheel is on - failsafe design, I suspect its only actually the friction material that fell out not the whole pads.

Peter

[quote="l know they took everything off as they had to , to replace the rack seems to me they didnt put everythign back correctly..what are my rights in this matter ? ty[/quote]

No not to change the rack, you are on a looser

Sponsored Links
Back